The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Papers, Papers, & More Papers!

"There's no space that His love can't reach
There's no place where we can't find peace
There's no end to amazing grace

Take me in with Your arms spread wide
Take me in like an orphan child
Never let go, Never leave my side"


Adoption involves a lot of paperwork and "sealing" documents through an authentication process. First I obtained certified copies of our birth certificates and marriage certificate. Then I learned that I also needed to obtain a Triple Seal Page to accompany the certified marriage certificate. I mailed these documents to the Secretary of State offices in KY and VA for further certification. We created an Adoption Petition and Financial Statement then obtained Employment Verifications for each of us. We also required physical exams to complete our health forms. Each of these documents had to be notarized and then must be sealed within 6 months of the earliest date on the page. Yesterday, I mailed the documents to the NC Secretary of State Office for certification. The next step in authentication is the Department of State Authentications Office and the final step is the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC. Please pray that all of our documents pass inspection and make it back home safely after each mailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment