The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring Shows New Life

Earlier this week I was consumed with heartache. For some reason, was overcome with great sadness while thinking about our future child. So my mind wandered over various questions. Is my baby being abandoned today? Is my baby in pain or in surgery today? While driving home Friday, I noticed that the rain all week brought out lovely flowers and budding trees. Even amongst a time of gloomy clouds, we are actually in a season of new life. "Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5) Hold on little baby, I'm coming as fast as I can. I bring with me your hope of a new life!
Today I am at peace with our decision to adopt and the lifelong journey we've started. Amongst our home study report setbacks and health issues, God has still been faithful. "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on you." (Isaiah 26:3) Our family, friends, and church have shown incredible support for us. We are so grateful to have such amazing relationships surrounding us. We've been blessed recently to meet a few more families that have adopted from China. They patiently answer questions and tell stories, which I love to hear. We've learned about specific online support groups and the Greensboro Chinese School. I know that bringing home a child with a special need, that has spent time in an orphanage or hospital will not be easy. I believe that our family, friends, and church will still be supportive then too. I have faith that my God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He will continue to provide peace, joy, and love in our home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment