The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Friday, May 15, 2015

A Miracle in the Making

Tonight I read an article about a baby buried alive in China. When the baby was born, the parents didn't even want a birth certificate for their child, knowing it would soon be abandoned.

"The boy's family -- including the infant's grandmothers -- allegedly hired a man for $290 to get rid of the baby, according to Xinhua.
That day, the hired man left the newborn to die in a cardboard box in the wilderness. Two days later, believing the baby to be dead, he buried him, according to Xinhua.
Later, a woman who was picking herbs on a hillside heard a wail. With the help of a few villagers, police rescued the baby and sent him to the hospital.
Wu said the baby was in critical condition -- coughing up mud, his whole body covered in scratches and bruises -- when he arrived at the hospital.
The baby weighed 7.8 pounds when he was born. By the time he was rescued, he weighed only 5.9 pounds."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/14/asia/china-baby-buried-alive/index.html

This breaks my heart in so many ways. The baby in the picture had a cleft lip. This sweet, innocent baby survived but so many others have not. This could be my baby's beginning. I have always assumed I would be telling my child that he/she was given up for healthcare reasons. But this story reminds me that my child may not have been relinquished in love. That my child may struggle with his/her origins when a story like this is exposed. 
But have no fear baby, your life will get better and better from here. And we will love you forever, regardless of imperfections as we all have them.
Please say a prayer tonight for this little boy.

"No, I will not abandon you as orphans - I will come to you." John 14:18

No comments:

Post a Comment