The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Completed home study!

So today is another one of those "three steps forward, two steps back" kind of day...
The day started off with realizing two forms were completed incorrectly and may need to be completed and resealed again. Huge bummer. I was really upset a mistake was made and feeling the weight of this enormous task on my shoulders. I am tired of checking something off just to erase the check and almost check it off again then instead throw the pen. I was barely keeping my brain calm when my first patient of the day turned out to be a terrible situation. There is nothing like someone else's problems to put my own problems in perspective. So my brain gave in and I cried for her (and a little for me). I prayed "God, take this complicated process off my mind because I just can't do this alone."
A couple hours later CHS called to tell me that our Home Study (Pre-Placement Assessment) Report was finally complete. Hooray!!! We've been waiting on this report for a long time. When I returned to my first patient, I felt her sorrow. I could sympathize her pain. She reminded me that my joy of being one step closer to adopting, is someone else's sorrow in being one step closer to loss.
I planned to pick up the report during lunch break. On my way to CHS, I made a turn too early and needed GPS to get back on track. I thought I could get there myself but eventually turned to Google to help complete the drive. Wouldn't you know it, I ended up passing by a Post Office, which needed to be my next destination. So while my detour lost time, I had to ask for help and actually ended up right where I needed to be, even better off than before. God showed me He knows exactly where I am and can take me the rest of the way, perhaps on a better path than I had imagined. It's all in His perfect timing.
After I picked up the report, I mailed it with our I800A Application (for Determination of Suitability for Adopting a Child) to USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). One more form completed. 

This song was playing when I got out of the car at work and when I got back in. 
You'd be amazed the places that I'd go to be with you, where you are...
Be still and trust my plan
I'm more than you think I am
(Danny Gokey)
I know He is with me. I need to be still and trust Him, to calm my overactive brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment