The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Lean On Me

The other day I was thinking about how wonderful it is to have community. It started with a song on the radio, "Brother" by Need to Breathe. First I thought about my younger brother. How he helped us move into our first house and pull out overgrown shrubs with his truck, when Phillip was sick. I thought about my sister that cleaned my house top to bottom after my c-section and transfusion. I thought about Phillip's sister that cared for Ethan when I was working and Phillip was sick. I thought about my older brothers' helpful knowledge and words of encouragement. But it doesn't end with siblings. I thought about my parents and the infinite number of meals they have prepared for us. I thought about Phillip's parents and the endless miles they have driven to see us. I thought about my friends and church family, and all the times they've been helpers, comforters, and prayer warriors. We are so incredibly blessed to be surrounded by this amazing community!
And then I thought about a little baby, alone in a crib, on the other side of the world. No siblings, no parents, no grandparents. A bleak future if this child were to stay an orphan. (Tears rolled down my cheeks at a stoplight.)
But instead, this child will be brought home and loved. This child will be welcomed into a small family, an extended family, and a community of people that care about this child's well being. This child, just like our first, will have so many people to call on when the going gets tough. A sincere thank you, to all of you.

"Brother let me be your shelter
I’ll never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call
When you’re low
Brother let me be your fortress
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home"


Brother - Need To Breathe

Let's bring this baby home.

No comments:

Post a Comment