The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Thursday, August 27, 2015

What about you?

Several people have mentioned that they enjoy reading our blog, because they are also interested in adoption. Welcome aboard! Do you have a heart for orphans? Are you being called to adopt? This journey has lots of ups and downs, so you must be ALL in.
On Sunday I spoke with a friend that has two daughters adopted from China. Before beginning their adoption journey, she was told that "adoption is a bad financial decision." Well quite frankly, having kids at all is a bad financial decision. On average, a child costs approximately $250K from birth to eighteen years old. So why do people have kids? Because children are such a blessing! It makes no difference if that little bundle of joy is biological or adopted.
Pastor Allen Holmes' sermon on Sunday was very applicable for deciding to adopt (or really any big life decision). The message was about learning to live by faith. In Luke 5:17-26, the friends of a paralyzed man are trying to bring him to Jesus for healing. When they cannot break through the crowd, they resort to cutting a hole in the roof and lowering him down. Jesus sees their faith and heals their friend. From this story we can see that faith sees opportunity, faith takes action, faith takes risk, and faith leads to miracles. If Noah can build an ark on dry ground, if Abraham can move to a foreign land, and if Moses can make demands of Pharoah, I can certainly travel an ocean to bring my child home. It takes a lot of faith to begin an adoption journey, but I know my God is still in the business of miracles today. Are you ready to take a leap of faith?

Living By Faith, Daystar Church

"I have heard You calling my name
I have heard the song of love that You sing
So I will let You draw me out beyond the shore into Your grace

You make me brave
You call me out beyond the shore into the waves
You make me brave
No fear can hinder now the love that made a way"

You Make Me Brave, Bethel Music

Crank it up. Gain some courage. Take a first step towards your miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment