The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Thursday, September 24, 2015

One Year In

It has now been a year since we took the first small step towards adoption by completing our Medical Conditions Checklist (MCC). Wow, a whole year! This first step was an important beginning, as it opened the conversation of what medical conditions we thought we could handle. As time went on, and I was able to discuss many of the conditions with medical professionals, we added a few more conditions. Even more important about this first step, is that it holds our place in line. After our dossier arrives in China and we have LID (log in date), we can be matched anytime! Usually the longer the time between MCC and LID, the shorter the time from LID to match. At least during dossier compilation, we were working on something, working towards something. After LID, we will just be waiting.
I'm thankful God gave me a spouse that would help make this dream a reality. And I’m so glad we took the first step of MCC a year ago!

"I’ve got all these plans piled up sky high
A thousand dreams on hold and I don’t know why
I’ve got a front row seat to the longest wait
And I just can’t see past the things I pray today

But when I fix my eyes on all that You are
Then every doubt I feel deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
All my worries fade and fall to the ground
Cause when I seek Your face and don’t look around
Any place I’m in grows strangely dim

No comments:

Post a Comment