The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Dreaming

"Life is a journey, not a destination."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


This waiting stuff is for the birds. But at least we're on the journey.
Adoption has been a dream of mine for so long that I can hardly believe we are waiting to be matched with a child. A real life person that will join our family forever!
I believe dreams and goals are incredibly important. They say a lot about our personality, priorities, and beliefs. What is your dream? Are you just thinking about the destination or are you already on the journey? I'd love to hear how you are pursuing your dreams!

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life."
Proverbs 13:12

If we had not started this adoption journey, I believe it would always tug at my heart and be on my mind. It is difficult, but it is meant to happen. It is a part of who I am. Instead of being sick over a missed opportunity, this mom will forever be grateful for a dream fulfilled. And our child will have a much better life.
Take heart in knowing that God wants your dreams to be fulfilled. Sometimes our dreams seem intimidating or impossible, but we can accomplish anything with God. Have faith in His promises and believe in yourself. You have the power to make dreams come true!

"You're the one who conquers giants
You're the one who calls out kings
You shut the mouths of lions
You tell the dead to breathe
You're the one who walks through fire
You take the orphan's hand
You are the one Messiah
You are I Am

The veil is torn
And now I live with the Spirit inside
The same one, the very same one
Who brought the Son back to life
"

You Are I Am, Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment