The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Legacy

Have you ever thought about leaving a legacy? What will it be?
At Daystar Church we’ve been talking a lot lately about legacy. Not just acquiring earthly things and leaving an inheritance after we’re gone, but having a vision and creating a legacy while we’re still here. In order to create a legacy, one needs a vision or a plan. You’ll know it is a legacy-worthy vision for your life when you realize there is no way you can accomplish it without Him.
My vision has always been adoption. People ask “Why China?” All I can say is that God put it on my heart a long time ago and I’ve never let it go. Adoption is a long, frustrating, expensive, amazing journey. I know that if God brought us to it, He’ll bring us through it. I believe our vision of adoption is leading us to our Legacy.
Chinese orphans that are never adopted eventually age out of the system, becoming outcasts of society. They don’t have a family name or belong to anyone. These children never know the love, security, and closeness of a family. My God rescued and adopted me into His family and gave me a new name, prompting me to do the same for a child.
I am finding it very difficult to come up with a name for the child we are waiting to meet. This child will already have a given name that was lost at abandonment. This child will likely have a generic orphanage name. But I want this child to know that we chose this name specifically for him. That this name comes with the new identity of a child that is loved in a forever home. One day this child may struggle with origin, abandonment issues, or lack of biological ancestors. Yet this child’s name should remind him that he is forever part of our family and our legacy. And that just like our first born, we wanted this child before we ever met.
May our name be remembered for loving His children. May our legacy live on well after we are gone.

A good name is more desirable than great riches.” Proverbs 22:1

"So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love
Let my love look like You and what You're made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
When it's all said and done
When we sing our final song
Only love remains"


The Proof of Your Love, For King & Country

No comments:

Post a Comment