The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Fear Not

There are a lot of unknowns when preparing for adoption, which for me can create anxiety and fear. What if our paperwork isn't sealed before expiration? What if we are not approved for the child with which we're matched? What if our child struggles to bond with us? How will we discuss adoption and birth parents? What behavioral issues will our child suffer from living in an orphanage? Will our child resent being removed from his/her birth country and culture? How will our community receive our blended family? How will I care for two children when I can barely keep up with one?!


Some days I just have to sit back, try to relax, and listen to this song...

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and you won't start now




God reminds us over and over again not to depend solely on people, things, or situations but to instead rely on Him. The command repeated more in the Bible than any other is "Fear not." Let's reflect on these verses today. I'm betting you could use some strength and peace today too.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand."
Isaiah 41:10

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment