The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas family and friends! Happy birthday Jesus! Happy half birthday Elijah!
The last two days have been a flurry of good food and great company. We've enjoyed fellowship with family and watching Ethan play with his new toys. Each little smile and giggle warms our hearts, especially knowing we have another sweetheart on the way. Ethan really enjoyed playing with his cousins, leading us to believe he will love having a brother.
We've been hoping for an update on Elijah. We submitted our five update questions to our agency in early November, but have not heard anything back from his orphanage. I also asked a parent traveling to Elijah's orphanage to snap a picture of him while visiting (if possible). The parent uploaded pictures today of children in Elijah's room, but unfortunately he wasn't one of them. My heart sank as I longed to see his sweet face again and make sure he is okay. Did he move to an older child room? Does he have a friend or favorite nanny in there? Is he living with a foster family? Is he at the hospital?  I don't know. In my heart, I want to believe he is in a safe place, celebrating Christmas with those closest to him. I'm so ready to pick him up right now!
God, thank you for the precious gift of your Son. And thank you for the precious blessing of my sons.

Elijah's Puzzle Page

No comments:

Post a Comment