The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Reflection

Last night I looked through lots of pictures trying to find a specific one. I was dreading this small task (as computers hate me), but turns out it was nice to reminisce. I looked through pictures of Ethan all the way back to delivery in the OR. Each baby phase had its trials, but oh how I loved holding and loving that sweet baby. I may not have pictures of us with Elijah to look back on, but I am able to reflect on our blog posts. I vividly remember the despair of each setback and the joy of each milestone. I hope this will show Elijah just how wanted and cared for he was, even before we saw his face.
Some pregnancies are planned while others are surprises, all leading to a beautiful little life growing in a Mommy's belly. Adoption journeys are always planned, as these children are longed for and fought for. Beautiful little lives already existing on Earth, but growing in a Mommy's heart. This journey has taught us so much, including the value of an orphan, love greater than understanding, and dependence on our Heavenly Father. Some day when Elijah has unanswered questions, I will remind him that we had plenty of unanswered questions ourselves, but everything worked out according to a greater plan than we could have ever dreamed.


No comments:

Post a Comment