The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Better & Better

Last night Elijah sat with me and Ethan in the rocking chair as I read several books. What a precious time it was! That was the first time Elijah's attention span lasted through the bedtime routine. It is amazing the progress he's made in just a few weeks with attentive, loving parents. Elijah is learning so much in his new environment and we are so blessed to have this little boy in our home. 
Looking back, I do not know why Elijah was in an orphanage for so long, other than waiting on us. Our closest family and friends tell us what a perfect fit he is for our little family, how he absolutely belongs with us, and how similar he is to Ethan. Other parents are amazed how well and how quickly he has taken to us. I know these things to be true. And I know my God orchestrated this entire journey. Did that make it easier to trust things would work out during the hard times? Yes, but that doesn't mean hard times didn't exist all together. There were setbacks, delays, questions, and don't forget the waiting. Oh, how the waiting is hard, especially when you know what is coming will be so wonderful. I hope you accept whatever God is calling you to right now. It may be difficult and there may be hard times, but I guarantee He has a grand plan and you will love the finale. 

Elijah giving Daddy kisses!

Pepper giving Elijah kisses!

Ethan giving Elijah kisses!

Such a smart & happy boy :)







No comments:

Post a Comment