The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Friday, February 19, 2016

One Month With Elijah

It's hard to believe Elijah was placed in our arms a month ago! What a blessing he has been to our little family. We are so thankful we started the journey to meet him and bring him home. Elijah visited the doctor today for vaccinations and has gained 2 pounds in about 2 weeks. This kiddo loves food! He also enjoys riding in the cozy coupe around the house. Such sweet boys :)



The word orphan still breaks my heart. When I hear it in a song on KLove or Pandora, I think of our journey to Elijah and how he was transformed from orphan to son. My eyes typically swell with tears. I only ever wanted two children. I only have space for two children. We have no more funds for adoption. So what does this mean? Am I meant to be a advocate for orphans? Am I meant to pray for these children, volunteer with orphans,  and help other parents in their adoption journey? Am I to be a good steward of my money and try to adopt again someday? I don't know the answer. I guess I need to spend some time in the Word and in prayer, waiting for God to move or reveal another plan to me. Until then, I'll keep enjoying the blessings I call sons!

*Update: Tonight was the first night Elijah went to bed/sleep without crying! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment