The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Monday, February 15, 2016

Elijah's First NC Snow

It snowed overnight, so today we enjoyed playing in the fluff. Elijah liked walking around on it and Ethan liked throwing snowballs. Don't worry, I bundled them enough to make a Chinese grandmother proud!
I was previously sad about missing many of Elijah's firsts, like his first smile and first roll. But the fun part about adoption is that we still experience the first of all these things, just with us! Elijah's first smile in China warmed my heart and his first giggle made me incredibly joyful. His first roll was actually about 5 quick rolls in a row. (He laughed at me trying to change his diaper as he rolled toward the edge of the hotel bed.) Elijah's first word (and only one so far) was "hey." I'll never forget where I was standing in the hotel room or the silly grin on his face while he waved. I'll never forget the first kisses he blew to me, that showed what a sweet and smart little boy he is. I'm getting teary just thinking about our bonding time in China and how beautiful those moments truly were.
Anyhow, I look forward to the many more "firsts" to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment