The Hanks Family

The Hanks Family

Friday, February 26, 2016

Surgeon Appointment

Today Elijah met Dr. Sanger, a surgeon with Wake Forest. After several attempts, she was finally able to see inside his mouth. (He has quite a bite!) Dr. Sanger said that his hard palate repair looks good, but that he will still require soft palate repair. (She said that sometimes cleft palate repair is complete in one surgery and sometimes it requires two surgeries, depending on the type and extent of the cleft.) Although this confirmed the doctor's suspicions in China, it was still hard to hear as a mother. It was difficult to know he had endured surgery without us, but now he will have to endure the pain and recovery of a second surgery.
Elijah will need this surgery in the near future so Dr. Sanger is referring him to the cleft team at Brenner Children's Hospital for further evaluation.


(Elijah falling asleep in his chair at lunch.)


Truth is, You know what tomorrow brings 
There’s not a day ahead You have not seen
So, in all things be my life and breath
I want what You want Lord and nothing less

You are my strength and comfort
You are my steady hand
You are my firm foundation; the rock on which I stand

Your ways are always higher
Your plans are always good
There’s not a place where I’ll go, You’ve not already stood

When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move
When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment